Detroit DD16 GHG14 (2014-16) Fault Code: SPN 1327 FMI 31 (MCM) Idle Smoothness Control/Cylinder #5 Misfire at Idle
This fault code sets when the motor control module (MCM) detects that cylinder #5 has low rpm speed with the injector commanded to max fueling for a count of two with all conditions met.
TYPICAL ENABLING CONDITIONS:
1. Engine speed steady between 600 to 950 rpm.
2. Engine coolant temperature between 65°C (149°F) and 114°C (237°F).
3. Engine fuel temperature between 0°C (32°F) and 150°C (302°F).
Once per drive cycle when enabling conditions are met.
1. Ensure the ignition has been off for a minimum of 5 minutes prior to the last ignition on.
2. Meet all enabling conditions.
3. Let the engine idle for 5 minutes.
4. Fault code status will become pending with one detected failure and active with the second.
NOTE: Do not use the idle speed balance (ISB) test in the diagnostic service tool for any misfire at idle testing.
1. Valve lash out of adjustment.
2. Valve train damage/failure.
3. Bent valve.
4. Valve face/seat damage.
5. Stuck Jake brake.
6. Bearing failure.
7. Bent connecting rod.
8. Cylinder liner damage.
9. Piston ring damage.
10. Failed cylinder head gasket.
11. Failed fuel injector.
1. Cylinder kit failure.
2. Valve train failure.
3. Lash adjustments.
4. Fuel injector.
5. High pressure fuel line (rail to fuel injector).
6. Debris entering fuel injector.
7. Fuel quality.
Note: If 1322-31 active, fix that first.
SERVICE MANUAL EPA04 Series 60 DDEC V Actuator AdjustmentDETROIT $18.00
SERVICE MANUAL BOBCAT 337 – 341 smsBOBCAT $60.00
SERVICE MANUAL BOBCAT 751 smsBOBCAT $60.00
SERVICE MANUAL Carrie 40 and 50 XCARRIE $20.00
SERVICE MANUAL HINO FD.FE.FF.SG 2014HINO $34.00
SERVICE MANUAL DETROIT DIESEL Series 60 (EPA 2004)DETROIT $34.00
SERVICE MANUAL WTEC 3 Allison TransmissionAllison $18.00